Thursday, March 27, 2008
Sidetracking even before I begin this post, that must be the first!!
Yesterday, I went back to school, and I SOMEHOW managed to persuade Germaine to come back to school, even for a little while. How pro am I to do that? And the first thing she commented is the last post which I had on Tuesday saying it's my second last day. You're right, I know my english sucks, and that's a MISTAKE. It's supposed to say third last day.
Oh well, that's all to it about the sidetracking. About yesterday, I went back to school for more than awhile. You've guessed it, I'm there to get my testimonials for my dim-hope scholarship application, as well as getting some of the photocopies to be CERTIFIED TRUE COPIES. And how can I forget, getting letters of recommendations from the teachers.
Even so, CDAYL camp is on at that moment, and the moment we stepped into the General Office (Xinying and I, since we both need to certify and get our testimonials), there's this tense aura between some teachers and even the principal. So we just sit quietly in the office and organise the pile of photocopied materials. Mr Leow asked us for our testimonials and wrote us character references too, and really thanks to all the teachers who wrote for me!! They are, in no particular order, Ms Quek, Ms Tan, Mr Ng and Mr Leow!! Busy CDAYL week and they still found time for me!! So touched.
Anyway, CDAYL stands for Cultural Diplomacy Asian Youth Leaders, and it's a conference for international students! Somewhat reminds me of Sunburst, though it's not exactly the same. Their experience here is different from Sunburst, and they're not staying in JJ (oh pur-less), they're camping out at East Coast Resort!! How cool is that, though the place isn't very accessible by MRT or bus.
In school, I actually talked more to the teachers than hang out with the campers or OGLs, and that makes me feel just 1 thing : OLD..ER. Not exactly old, but there's a feeling like there's more for us to share with the teachers than with the juniors and campers, the other way round when you're still schooling. And so I talk and chat with the teachers (yes, they're lame like us too).
Oh yeah, we ate KFC and got excellent service from a guy named Hairi (I think it's pronounced HAI-RI and not HAIR-Y). Seldom had such service from KFC these days, I bid him all the best, and replace that lousy manager of his branch soon.
That's all for yesterday, and oh I forgot, happy birthday Celeste!!
Today, is my LAST DAY working at Cathay. Going to miss these guys here. Take care dudes!! Will visit you all when I come back from China. Yet, last day is still a work day, and work days are still meant for me to work. I'm not just blogging, I'm WORKING!! Actually, today is more of a last slack day, nothing much for me to do, and I'm just here settling most of my university stuff.
Speaking about university applications, John (the STEP secretariat) called, and I'm going to meet him and Siew Siew later!! Since my office is walking distance from theirs, might as well just stroll there and submit my application to him personally. He's also writing a reference letter for my application to NUS, so thanks alot John!!
Then on and on, I'll be flying off to China tomorrow early morning, and I've YET to finish packing my stuff. Mum will be a total killer nagging me here and there, everywhere... as usual! So I've gotten pretty used to it. See you guys when I'm back!!
And on a last note for this post (it's barely lunchtime yet), this is one of my longest post in a while!! Post as in text and no photos!! =D
scribbled this at 11:42 am by kS