theMUGGER
It's just me.














myHITS

myARCHIVE

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Well I never knew, but I've reached my 501st post for this blog of mine.

This week started off with a drowsy me, and typically stressed face. Well, one can't blame me, SITEX 2007 is really not the most relaxing place to work at if you're living all the way in Jurong.

Well, let's rewind all the way to SITEX.

First day's a typical uneventful day, and with much motivation, I've closed my first 8 sets of VAIO laptops for a PC show. It's more than what I've bargained for, and definitely a fine start for me, though I could have performed better.

Well, doing the things you like to do is one, but closing sales is another. I could say I'm quite well-versed in sales and all, but talking and telling them the specifications of the laptop isn't the best way to close sales. Regurgitating information about the stuff you're selling makes you a computer generated program built to tell information just like any phone line services. I guess what closes the sales, other than the attractive free gifts and prices, would be what I call the human touch. I guess making the customer feel good in buying the product is the most important aspect of closing sales. Well, this is something to be learnt, not a gift.

I can do it, so can you!!

Well, my performance at SITEX is relatively good. Well, I got a total of 38 sales with a range of commission, and due to lack of experience, I did not record my sales for the first 3 days, and only did so for the last day of the show. Well, I know my total number of sales, 8 for the first, 8 for the second, a peak of 12 for the third and 10 on the last. Not exactly the curve that I've expected, but well, it's a start.

That's for SITEX sales, and got to meet a few nice friends there. Found out that few other friends are working elsewhere, Marcus at Lenovo, Jeremy and Gabriel at Acer and Toshiba, JiaHao at some GPS booth, Shatricia at Packard Bell, and only yesterday did I know that Tuck Wen's at NEC. So much for coincidence. =)

Now, I'm just awaiting my pay from the show to be in my pocket 2 weeks later. Think I can gross around $500 to $600 bucks for the show.

Well, post show, my voice is gradually recoverig from it's recent battle with SHARP booth's sound system, and I'm glad, since SYC is just 3days away, can't wait to see my fellow friends again!!

On top of that, I've been settling lots of class chalet stuff before SYC starts, hopefully I can clear some of the more tedious matters and leave the rest to the new year. Yeah, so 06S22, if you're reading this, click the link to the class blog to get more details about the payment, which is the most pain-in-the-ass part of the chalet.

That's all for now, and before I forget, I've finally changed the blog splash design, not that I need to tell, you should already have noticed since it's at the top of m blog.

scribbled this at 12:15 pm by kS