Sunday, May 27, 2007
Sometimes the more you yearn, the more that thing seems to drift away.
26th Students' Council, I really missed you guys so much, even though it's 4 short days after we stepped down from office. Things hasn't been so different, at least not yet. People still remain the same as they were when we're in council, and I guess it's going to remain that way. Council changed our lives, no doubt, and it's hard to change the life of a councillor.
How is it possible that over the past 1 year, we changed so much? Is it because of the amount of time we spent together? The love we got from the teachers, the grades that we always hate to get? The events we ran together, or the daily routines which some of us dread so much? I guess it's a mix of all these.
Running 30 odd events, that's almost equivalent to 1 major event per councillor. How's that? That's also equivalent to running an event once every 11 days? 1 event every other week. That's how much we've accomplished. That's the amount of footprints we left during our term as a JJ councillor.
Is this the legacy we left for our juniors? I don't think so, who would want to compare the number of projects each batch has? I doubt that there would be one to compare by the quantity, but I prefer to compare the quality of the projects ran. The 27th is promising, no doubts that there's still much to learn, there's still a lot of potential in them. Which batch had ever stepped up one day, and had to ran a camp the next day? Never, and there's is the first. Which batch had not stumbled after they stepped up, and been a perfect batch for the entire term? None.
The 27th batch is sure to do well, I'm confident that they will.
26th, let's cross this hurdle together, the final wall is ahead of us - 'A' Levels.
Let's clear it like how we clear our events, 'A's is just another of those challenges which we face.
scribbled this at 6:10 pm by kS