theMUGGER
It's just me.














myHITS

myARCHIVE

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sorry for the lack of updates on this blog in the past week starting from the 27th, guess I was really too busy in school with Love Fiesta, too busy at home with Revelations video, and just too busy to blog since it's of lower priority than the above mentioned. Now that one of the most taxing projects is over, let me just give a nice entry to this hibernating blog to tell others that I'm still alive while this computer at home starts decaying away into a metal piece of junk.

As you guys know, love fiesta is finally over. It came as quite a surprise, it seemed like yesterday when the committee came together and start the brainstorming, with us being two groups of strangers and pasting post-its on the board and started the project in a little room on the 4th floor of the PD block, with 2 teachers Ms Tiong and Mr Leow.

Then, the next meeting, we're splitted up into different committees with a mix of both groups of people, bonding and sharing our experiences and resources. 26 students, splitted into 3 committees, PST, LOPS, and Entertainment under the charge of Benjamin, Bannister House Captain. I chose PST then, and didn't even regret choosing it in the first place. I was in the best and most fun committee ever, being 'volunteered' to become the IC for the committee and collaborated with 7 members of the team, to Publicise, find Sponsorship, and effect Ticketing for Love Fiesta 2007. My beloved group is made up of YiQi (2nd IC too), Angie, HuiBing, ChianLim, Bryan, Germaine, Celeste and me, and I thank you guys for making this Love Fiesta a great success, because it's part of our effort, that Love Fiesta rocks Jurong Junior College yesterday.

Of course, we can't forget a group of 17 people who helped the PST committee achieve their dreams, they are the arms and legs and also the brains behind the actual event itself, of which without them, our committee will not be able to function on the day itself. They are the J1 Admin Planning Committee. Comprising of YanRu, Amanda, YeeTeng, XingYi, ChinKhang, ZhengHan, ZhiKai, WeiKiat, Shawn, Melissa, Jaime, QianYun, WeiChao, TingSheng, YanXi, Sherryn, and of course, Kenny. Thanks for making this project the best, and it's a fantastic start to your course of life as a JC student and leader.

To the councillors, I believe that this project tested us, and teached us the meaning of ties that bind. Throughout this project, I grew distant from lots of you guys, but yet we're still together as a team, and together as one council moving the college. I believe that this Love Fiesta, even though there two groups in the council achieving two objectives, we are as united as ever, and till May 16th, whereby all of us loses our most precious CCA. I believe that all of us will still be together after that day, holding our heads high, and say that we're the 26th batch of student councillors from JJC.

To the J1 Planning Committee, the whole 100 of you guys. I'm really touched by the boards and the song singing session you guys planned for us the night before Love Fiesta. I'm not good at words when I get emotional, and I got emotional then. I don't tear easily, but I almost did that night. The pictures you guys took, the video you guys made, the song you guys sang, the words you guys said, the flowers you all gave and the hearts you all made. I'm proud to be able to be one of the J2 people to lead the wonderful group. The road is still long for all of us, and whichever path you take, I'm sure it's for a better course.

To the J2 Planning Committee, I'm sure that it's been a tiring long journey for all of us, and rewarding too, seeing the flowers of the seeds we've planted in the first meeting. Against all odds, we did it, and we did it with pride, with joy, and with excellence. I came to realise that a dream can come true when we really put all our heart and soul into it, and it can come true no matter how long ago we dreamt of it. Anything can come true if you believe in it, and it came true for me this Love Fiesta. It came true.
I love the flower, the cookie, the snacks. I love you.
It came true.
I worry when you cough too, so remember to take medicine and get well soon. =)
Unfortunately, I have another dream to make true, by tomorrow. I've to study for complex numbers test coming up tomorrow, and if I don't study now, that dream can become true nightmare, so see you guys next time when I blog again.

Till you read again.

scribbled this at 4:54 pm by kS