Saturday, January 06, 2007
Orientation is over. My time as a councillor does not stop nor cease here, but in a sense, it is just a beginning of something else. This is why I'll dedicate this post to the 26th Students' Council of JJ, for being my family in school.
26th, looking back, we've really gone far, we've broke through barriers of obstacles, and pulled down walls separating us to bond us better. We achieved. We showed others how a team works, and how a good team differentiate from the bad. Thinking of the first project we as the elects had done, Cluster West 6 LINE Camp III, I will not take back any of those comments I've made that night. 26th, you've given me much of the support I had needed, and though difference we may have, I stand humbled by your actions and sincerity.
Sometimes I feel that I'm wanting to play the bad guy of the council to enforce discipline in areas we lacked in, but most of the times, we're able to control ourselves to put ourselves as a team, to motivate our character and to punch up the spirit. I always see the bad sides of people, and that's exactly why I failed to be the person I hoped to be. Negative as I was when I see flaws which we've made before, we had never failed to learn from those mistakes, and it's heartwarming to know that problems would be solved when it's seen, and not that when it's needed to be solved.
So time passed and now our final project as an entire 26th SC comes to an end, with only revelation to go. If we really think about it, it's only 5 more months, till the 27th batch will step up, where we'll see little "us"s running our job, doing the things we did, and doing the things we'll never get to do. From this point onwards, all our job scopes will be quite a different one from before. Now that the J1s are in the school, the limelight of events organised will slowly shift onto them as well, just like how the 25th batch handed over their resposibilities for orientation to the Shadows Committee last year.
Do I miss the past year? Yes I did, and I still do. But, it's time to see beyond what is over and live in what is going to happen. Practically speaking, the fate of leadership in JJC would be resting in the 27th Students' Council, who are they really? I don't know. But I do know this, the next phase of our job determines how great they can be. We're good at running camps, organising and collaborating in college and inter-college based events, and are we ready to teach what we know to the coming batch? I am not ready, but I will be when that time comes. Moulding the J1s is not easy, but it is not impossible. I'm a stubborn person, but in the days and weeks to come, I'll have to learn to be accomodating, to be able to accept mistakes made, and let the juniors solve them to let them learn what is meant be reaping what they sow.
It hurts to say that orientation could be better, but I believe that I've given my best shot at the camp, at least until I fell sick in the last day. Councillors, even though we're going to have a studious time this year, and that includes you Celeste, promise that we'll never give up that fun-loving person in us, and the passion to lead and that spirit of excellence embedded in all of us. We've excelled. We've done alot, and we still will do much more. Learn to love studying for most of us are not exactly doing well, learn to have self discipline in academic aspects as much as we have in giving support to the school and each other. Live up to the name of being a councillor by gaining that important aspect : Merit.
I would say that not all of us are of academic calibre, but what I do know is that if we ever give up, we'll never make it far in life as well. Councillors, do not ever give up, and don't even think about giving up. If you lack knowledge in a topic, seek it. If you lack training in a chapter, practice it. If you lack interest in a subject, love it (or at least try to).
I won't say that I'm good in my studies and I also had my doubts in topics in chapters of various subjects, but I'm willing to go the extra mile to salvage this year to make sure I give my best when the time is here.
Councillors, as I've said on top. We're only starting our second phase of this journey. Like how seedlings grew into big tall trees, it's our time now that we're the big tall trees, it's time for us to continue the legacy by guiding our juniors to become better than us. 26th, I salute all of you for a term well served, and for jobs well done.
-kS
scribbled this at 7:19 pm by kS