theMUGGER
It's just me.














myHITS

myARCHIVE

Sunday, December 17, 2006

I cried.

I just can't stand it, it's so painful to watch you all go. Checking in your luggages, some with smiles, some with tears of sorrow unwilling to let them be checked in, unwilling to head back to the country you come from, unwilling to part with everyone. It's painful, standing at the glass windows, watching you guys clear the customs, and walked into the area where all of us can't go, where you guys are a step closer to home.

I'm not a person good with words, but I'm a person who can treasure the people around me as much as I could. I won't sleep because you guys want to play games, I won't sleep because you guys are not sleeping. I will be by your side when you guys want me to. That's just what friends are for.

Anyway, through this camp, I've really been touched by many people's actions, and their little actions really had gone a long way to build up this momentum, to make this camp such a wonderful one for me. For people who wasn't there, I could not really reflect a day by day recap, because this camp is impossible to be captured in words, it's an experience unique to another person who experienced it before.

You
kS

Walking in the dark, with no one to hold,
There you stood, apart from the others, alone.
Each time I looked, and glanced at you,
That elegant face, sometimes contained the purity of
Everything I behold. You laughed and smiled,
As time passed, the darkness went out,
Gave way, to a new light, fostered by coindence.

You, came into my life, because of luck,
or is it because, because of fate?
I doubt so, but however I think, we still met.
Is that all it matters? This one week,
We laughed and shared stories, talked
About how different our lifestyles are,
About the coldness in winter, to the
Hot sun in summer. Failing to understand,
The jokes we shared amongst the locals
and the food which you hate to eat
even when you're hungry.

You, stayed up all night, wanting to
Talk and talk the darkness till it
turns to light, because you want to treasure,
all the seconds all of us could spend
Together, You, my friend, because of this,
Fell ill with fever, and threatened your
Safe journey home on the last night. You
made me worry, as I covered you with thick
Blankets, praying for your recovery, and
my prayers are answered.

You, packed the big stuffed toy, the
Dolphin I've won, into the box, and
Decorated the box with many wordings,
Chinese you say, but I can't read well.
Listened to you sing, and awed, when
Your singing filled the room, sound
Which I closed my eyes and capture,
Every single note, every single one
I could.

You cried in your sleep, as I stayed up
Fighting drowiness to watch over
You, and I cried, because I don't know why
You cried in your sleep. Is it because
you're dreaming of Day 7? Is it because
You missed home? There's so many things,
there's too many thoughts running
Through my own mind.

Last day comes, and you cried, all
The way from your room, down the
Lift, and in the Lobby. I teared because
You cried. I teared more as I moved your
Luggage up the truck, and when we boarded
the bus to the airport. You cried all
The way, and I can't stand it, for
Everytime I looked at you, I wanted to cry
Too. And next we reached airport, and
You checked in your luggage, still
With tears in your eyes, and walked
Towards the barrier that will, separate us
For a long long time.

It was then, when I wished the rest
Good luck, see you later, and then
You, cried again, there and then I broke
down, and cried too. I couldn't bear to
See you go, after one week of laughter and joy.
You cried ever harder, when I wished you good luck,
and all else seem so insignificant. In my arms,
You asked to keep in touch, and I promised to,
I wanted to. I won't say don't cry, because all
We will have is just memories, etched into
Our minds, forever.

You, walked through the glass doors, into
The customs, as me and the people watched
I cried and cried, because of? God knows,
I won't get to see you again soon, and I
Know that we're going to be far apart,
How can I not be sad? You cleared the customs,
And turned back, waving goodbye, I waved back,
Hoping that there's time enough to spare, that
We just stand there, waving at each other.
What can I say, words are powerless to
Emotions, emotions that I shared, and I share with

You.


I don't know if you consider this a poem, but it's one to me. What I wrote here is true to my heart, and really, even blogging a poem like this could move me to tears myself. If you're wondering, this person is a girl from China, who I spent much time with during the camp. No, it's not a crush, not just love, but something more important than that, it's true friendship. I could still remember Faisal and the guys saying that I'm scandalous, but frankly, I'm not. She's a very special friend whom I'm sure to keep in contact with.

Sunburst Youth Camp 2006
10th December to 16th December

I really missed you guys alot, and I really want to say that whereever you are now, if you see this blog by coincidence, chance or however, do remember that I'm still here and around just waiting for an email or such, okay? My email's thomsonooi@hotmail.com, and handphone number is (+65)81287413. Keep in touch ok?

scribbled this at 8:33 pm by kS