theMUGGER
It's just me.














myHITS

myARCHIVE

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Well, most of the people had already done this, but I guess I'll do it anyway. A day by day experience of the Yunnan trip, excluding the reflections part, because it's so darn long. I'll just include my feelings here and there too.

Day 0

Well, I didn't take much note of the Changi Airport events, except for a few eye catchers. Before we gathered, me Sherman and Ernest took Sherman mum's car down to Changi. And Sherman actually rushed me to get ready when I haven't even got home! Well, I got ready, and his sms came, asking me not to bring too big a luggage, since he's bringing the logistics there. Well, my luggage ain't big, and he sighed relief when he saw the size of my luggage, smaller than expected.

On the way there, me and Ernest keep making fun of Sherman's chinese, and his mum actually supported us!! It's quite funny teasing him about all the chinese stuff, even though we're not good in them ourselves!!

Then, we hit the Airport, and we waited for a while and then went to popeye to have a dinner. At the dinner, we keep looking downstairs at the departure and check in areas, trying to spot people from our group. Ernest keep pointing to a blue shirt boy no older than 6 years old and no taller than my waist, shouting "CHENGXUN CHENGXUN!!". And actually, we did the same with Kaiting, needless to say.

Well, we gathered after the dinner, and I got to hold up this vanguard sheet saying log comm. Well, it didn't exactly say those words, but it meant that. The actual written or drawn words read "We're too hot, Log!!" That sort of explains why someone decided to throw away that sheet before we even hit day 2.

Day 1 BEGAN

Check in and stuff, didn't exactly went well, but nonetheless we got through, and then boarded the plane and flew off to Kunming. Well, slept on the plane, and sat between Sherman and Ms Shuhadah, though at that point of time I still didn't know she's a teacher from Regent. Well, slept on the plane mostly.

We reached, and the logistics committee began what seems to become a daily job during the trip, loading and unloading, counting and re-counting the numbers before getting the stuff to the other committees or the pickup, or off the pickup vehicle. Then our trip began and the log comm splitted up amongst the 2 buses, me and my roommate cum buddy ShenPeng, went to bus 3, together with Sameema, Mountain Goat XinYun, WeiMing and Cyril.

First stop, we visited the Cultural Village exhibitions, and quite a nice place it is. Though there isn't much I can say about the place since it didn't really hit me, but it's interesting to see their different beliefs and instruments and relics of worships. Next, we headed for lunch, and it's horrible to start a trip with a bad lunch. It's an arabic restaurant, serving mostly beef and beans which we don't know. So with my G6PD, I didn't eat much, just some plain rice and bits of vegetables, praying for a better dinner to come.

My running nose became worse, and most of the drive through the city I was sleeping, so did not caught much of what the tour guide is saying. Then, we arrived at the hotel, and I roomed with my buddy in 9807. After settling down a bit, and rested for a while, we headed down to gather at the lobby, to visit a school called Yun Da Fu Zhong. It's a nice school with good environment, and we gathered in the auditorium where thay started the show with a video presentation which I slept through, then they had several traditional dances, including pro singers which can hit ultra high notes too, and 2 ballet dances.

We performed back as a sign of respect and gratefulness towards their hospitality, and first Alex performed Entertainer on the piano, and it's AWESOME. Wow, that's a great piece to start our show. And then, mass dances, two to be exact, Oh my Darling and Chicken Dance, making the entire event end on a high. We then take some photos and went shopping. Where we got some neccessities such as CHOCOLATES and water and crackers. I also got my gloves there, bargained from RMB45 to RMB25, quite worth it though I think I could have gone lower.

Then, it was dinner, we had a Kunming speciality called Cross Bridge Rice Noodles, and don't think you want to know how it came about or it'll bore you to sleep like it did when I first hear it. Some people say it's not good, some say it's nice. I won't commend on it, I can't even smell it since I got a blocked nose, and even fried egg is tasteless in my mouth. Well, I finished my portion except for the oily parts, and watched the show with performances and live auctions. Well, the place also allows smoking, but first time, I was not very much affected since I couldn't smell the smoke but I knew it was there. Passive smoker.

Then we had our first debrief, and got to know that Xiangyun and Yuting will become our Day 2 Overall ICs, taking Sherman's and Kusumo's place.

scribbled this at 11:19 pm by kS