Thursday, November 02, 2006
Ok, today headed down to Tanjong Pajar for what seemed to be a job interview with the Employment Agency representing the outdoor sales and roadshow. Well, it's quite something. First, the person came in late, and I had to wait, but I don't mind. Well, this person, Cindy, actually asked me how much I knew of consumer electronic products.
This is my typical reply: "Well, ask me something about IT, and maybe you'll find out just how much I know." So she asked me what do most consumers look for in a digital camera, and my thoughts were like "Free gifts", but the standard answer seems to be something along this line, "The resolution (megapixel??), battery life, LCD Screen and design. Wait, there's still photo quality." She's delighted.
Well, then I found out that the roadshow belongs to Sony, or even some Sony Authorised Distributor, and that I'm working at Lucky Plaza area. So she questioned me about Sony products, and asked me how much I knew of Sony's current range, and this is my reply which quite stunned her, "I just gotten a PSP yesterday?"
Ok, but I did not know the results immediately after, though now I have since she called at around 6.15pm and told me that I'm selected. Frankly speaking, I want to be promoting VAIO Laptops and not Handycams and Cybershots, since I'm pretty much into the more "type-able" gadgets which are interactive. Well, it's a job, then it should be a job well done.
This is my 3rd job in total, and still, I'm in the sales and service sector, that's a trend right there. First I sold winter clothes at Chinatown in 2003, then Starhub at Hougang which makes me go knocking doors, now finally people are coming to find me again.
Did I mentioned this? That the person actually asked me how I sold stuff when I'm under starhub, and when I said that it's door-to-door sales, she was very pleased, saying that it's the hardest type of sales available, not only that, she commented that being rejected is quite an easy-go for me, but I told her that the hardest is being rejected with a slam of the door. Well, if that's an interview, I'm sure I won't be getting anywhere near a door-to-door sales job.
Think I'm going to flunk tomorrow's H1 Chinese, since I did not even touch a single chapter of the book, and not even any chinese book in general. Oh well, it's a good game for me tomorrow, and I hope that the standard is low enough for me to be just above the bottom 39.999999999%. So that at least I'm guaranteed a S, and no more Chinese for me next year.
Until Friday, see ya. Wait, I'm going to get a Sony polo tee!!
scribbled this at 8:55 pm by kS