Sunday, October 29, 2006
Today sold my iPod Nano 8gb Black. Yeah. And the funds I got almost went into buying a new iPod Video. Well, in the end, I didn't buy my iPod, due to some frustrating wise advices which contradicts themselves, both from Apple authorised stores, selling Apple-only products.
First I sold my iPod at Bishan, then went to Orchard to Wheelock Place where the Apple EpiCentre is located. I saw some online adverts that the 30gb version is selling for $380. It so happened that it's the first generation of iPod video, which I shall call 5th gen, and there's the newer iPod video which is the 5.5th gen. Well, this smart alec told me that there's significant difference between the two models, in battery life and brightness.
For me, I don't care about thhe brightness part, but when he mentioned that 5th gen only can play videos up to 2 hours till the battery runs flat, it turns me off. While 5.5th gen can play up to 4 hours. But of cause, 5.5th gen is much pricer, and there's no promotions for it. So in the end, I did not get it there and then. So me and Fabian headed to Funan, yes, that stupid IT mall. It's where all the confusions start.
Firstly, I went to most stores selling iPods and found out that they're selling 5th gen, so I can't be bothered to ask. Then when I found an appealing deal at 428 with alot of freebies, I turned it down to go source for more attractive offers. Here's the confusing part, the rest of the shops I went to tells me that the increase in battery life is NOT SIGNIFICANT!! Including the AppleStore at Funan!! Thanks alot, two different shops in town under one company, telling me two completely different things!! That's when my doubts are confirmed, since I only went to ask the AppleStore as a last resort. Thus, I resulted to not getting a iPod.
So it's pretty much like a wasted trip, but at least I gained insights, and figured that I should do my own research more thoroughly the next time I want to get something. Then anyway, on the way back, I thought of getting a PSP. Yeah, just a random thought. It striked me quite hard, like a "Why didn't I think of it?"
A PSP can play games, listen to music, and also play videos. Only con is that it must use a Memory Stick Pro Duo with large capacity. And that, I have 2!! I got 2 2gb such memory sticks, and maybe that'll be a much better choice than iPod Video? But my worry is also it's ability to compromise my studies, and also council work. Remembering SDSM, a PSP is really just what I need to fail my As.
So now will be borrowing Hei Wai's PSP for a day to test out it's expandability and also it's capabilities, and most importantly, if it matches up to my expectations. That'll be all for the technological gadgets part.
Anyway, I installed Wolfenstein Enemy Territory again, and played for the first time in 2 long years!! Can you imagine that?? I quit the game 2 years ago. Played a full campaign just now, and I am glad that my kS-ing skills are as good as ever!! Just that my shooting skills deproved significantly. But overall, I did good, and got myself the following awards after the full campaign! (NOTE: My nick is ObseleteThommifer)

Quite a achievement for me though, since I really did not touch this game for such a long time. Well, it's just a game though, and it's going to go once holidays end.
That's all for today, readers may be dismissed once they themselves are ready, thank you and have a nice sleep, good night!
scribbled this at 11:23 pm by kS