Thursday, September 28, 2006
Battle for Promotion. (Actually, I want to make it sound like the Lord of the Rings Game: Battle for Middle Earth, but guess it's a poor imitation)
Let me see. To some it all up..........
GOOD GAME.No, I'm serious. It's really that bad a day for me. Especially because of the chinese paper today, it totally turned me off during the second paper. But let me start, right from the beginning, which is the morning.
The interesting thing which happened, is, let me think, oh, Sin Kuan (our senior) passed each of the councillors a good luck card, wishing us good luck for our upcoming promotional exams. Mine read "OOOIII, DON'T THROW CSS FACE. LOTSA LOVE, SINKUANX."
No pressure huh? What happened next is I saw the banner counting down to promos, which was originally at the number 7 the last time I took note of it. It now read 0, and I was hoping to see a negative number there, or even another banner counting down to the end of promos.
Guess it won't happen.
The paper's next, and first up is Paper 1 of GP, and I think I could do pretty well in it, considering I did not touch globalisation for years before the promos, I though I was really crapping on the piece of paper. Wait, I am really writing anything I could think of on the answer script, so that means I'll do well. But I only have one opposing argument with a rebuttal, and also 4 supporting arguments, so it's pretty much a 95/5% approach as compared to the 80/20% approach we should take. Heck. It's over. Paper 2 was a bore, and though it's a bore, I still think that I've done quite okay for the paper itself, except for the summary, which I'd be super glad if I've gotten 2 marks. I fell asleep in the middle of the paper, and used up so much tissue due to my running nose. Guess I've learnt the lesson, to bring a BOX of tissue during examinations in a air conditioned space, you never know when a running nose may hit you.
On a light side, the nose may get you accused of cheating, since it kept running around the hall, and makes you need to go after it, it also waste time as well! Sorry, bad attempt.
Next up, we have chinese paper 1 and 2, and it's combined paper!! I don't mind having a combined paper for any other subject, but Chinese!! I told myself that I'd fallen asleep if I had the chance. Paper 1 was managable, and I wrote about my ideal school which does not exist, and will not exist. Actually, I think that I've written the longest chinese essay in my whole life! Nonetheless, if this is okay, see the paper 2. This is the part which I mentioned Good Game, since I could not even understand the last passage.
I threw away marks, so much so that if I've 20marks, I'll be considered optimistic. So it's destined to be a U or a S grade for chinese, in my case, and hopefully, I'll secure anything but a U for the H1 chinese which I'll be sitting for towards the end of the year. Wish my luck, since I need alot of it.
Economics, I think I could never repeat a feat which I did for econs during common tests, so let me dig out my notes and start reading you up, and hopefully, something will get inside that empty and hollow space in my head region.
No, not the nose, nor the mouth.
scribbled this at 7:26 pm by kS