Saturday, September 23, 2006
I may have posted this song before, but it's such a nice song that I'd post it, again! Yeah, I'm sure many of you will like it if you've heard it before.
Stand By Me
Ben E. King
When the night has come
And the land is dark
And the moon is the only light we see
No, I won't be afraid
Oh, I won't be afraid
Just as long as you stand
Stand by me, so
* Darling darling stand by me
Oh, stand by me
Oh stand, stand by me, stand by me
If the sky that we look upon
Should tumble and fall
Ot the mountain
Should crumble to the sea
I won't cry, I won't cry
No, I won't shed a tear
Just as long as you stand
Stand by me, and
(Repeat * 2 times)
Whenever you're in trouble
Won't you stand by me, oh stand by me
Promos is less than a week away now, and I'm going to start my sprinting tomorrow. Yeah, last minute work. I said many a times that I won't bother to put my heart and soul into it, and I still think I won't. For me, the most likely thing to do now, is to recap the many things I've forgotten since common test era, especially for math and chemistry.
The early bird always gets the worm, it belongs to the early bird only.
The lazy bird always sleeps till noon, and gets the pepperoni.
That's not exactly my philosophy. And it never will be. I met this taxi driver would is really one of a kind. It was nearing 1pm, and I left house at 12.55pm for school, so no choice have to take a cab. I told this particular SilverCabbie, "Uncle, er, Jurong Junior College, Boon Lay there." Then I proceeded to take my wallet out to pay later on. Then he suddenly say, "Orh, ok, JJC, hougang there."
I was so stunned by his simple trickery!! Imagine if I really travel to Hougang, the fare will be almost 20bucks!! The jovial cabbie continued to talk about his A levels experience, in CJC donkey years back, when there's only 5 JCs in Singapore. He really regretted not studying hard, during his whole J2 period, and the last minute work he did is hardly enough to get him anywhere.
Important lesson learnt, and that's from a cabbie, imagine that. He's talking about his own experience, and not his son's nor friend's. That's what I called secondary nformation, and not tertiary. Hopefully, my hands-on or primary experience will be a much different one from the cabbie's, as he also wished that to me.
Thanks. One of my neighbours in the opposite block (9D), has just started singing karaoke, hopelessly. I know my singing sucks, and I often sing quite way off tune too, just because I know I won't sing well anyway. But his karaoke really turns me off, singing Trademark's "Only Love". My god, Zeus, please struck him down. One of my favourite songs ruined by the voice of that guy. Even I don't dare to sing during the only time I went K-Box, with Zhong Ru, Chin Chye, Benjamin, and Simon.
This guy is really pitiful. And so am I, worse off.
Promotional Examinations on promotion : Take it Free of Charge!
scribbled this at 9:20 pm by kS