theMUGGER
It's just me.














myHITS

myARCHIVE

Friday, September 01, 2006

Current mobile status.
DOWN.

You heard it right. Currently my phone is at the service centre, where it is carefully reassembled with new joystick and also new firmware and softwares. Regardless, all data in the phone will be lost. That's sad, even though most of the stuff is inside my laptop, and I can instantaneously restore my phone back to it's original state, maybe till around two weeks ago, because the last time I did an instant back up in my laptop is then.

The current phone loaned out by Sony Ericsson is easy to describe. It's even worse than life, which sucks. It's really lousy, and I can't even be bothered to reply sms-es and such because it's really too frustrating to enter anything into it. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing my good friend on monday again. Guess it's realy a torture without you. Anyway, I've decided to get a new casing for my phone, and it is definitely not cheap. A whole set costs around $50, which is more than half the price the service centre quoted me, which is $102 without GST. A pain in the ass, I'm definitely not going to scratch my phone again once I changed the cover. Where I got the contact to change it at $50? It's on the forums at Hardwarezone.com. Check it out, there is really alot of items available.

Another piece of news is that my brother had decided to get a laptop for himself for personal usage. It's a Fujitsu LifeBook, but the model number I've forgotten. I actually recommended him that laptop, mainly because it's ultra-portable, and the configuration is quite attractive for the price tag. With the upgrades my brother wanted, it will cost just $2200. Darn, it makes my heart itch with just the thought of getting a laptop. It's ok, I'll wait. Since currently, Comex is on and the prices there are relatively similar to the PC Show in June, I think in December, the IT show or Sitex will be offering cheaper prices, and since it's christmas, I would also expect a variety of promotions from Singnet and Starhub. My contract for broadband ends in a months' time, and while Singnet is offering a MacBook for 3 years 10mbps contract, it isn't the best that they can offer.

White hot christmas deals are always, always the best. Most likely for me, I will be getting my laptop then. So in the end, I'll end up with wireless network at home, with 3 laptops and a desktop. How does that sound? It's a ouch for the pockets, but let me see, if the promotions are right, even the ouch sound could be completely muted.

People, I beg you, please stop sms-ing me, because I won't reply. If you need my presence, please just CALL. And I'm definitely going to ask who you are, because my contacts are gone, and I'm not intending to save anyone's number in this lousy phone from Sony Ericsson until my good old buddy is back by my side.

scribbled this at 9:43 pm by kS