theMUGGER
It's just me.














myHITS

myARCHIVE

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Teachers Day come, teachers day go.

One thing I must say about today, is that it's totally a different experience when you're in secondary school. Then, teachers' day would just seem like a day to go back to your primary school, and meet teachers' and old friends. Now, we went back with a purpose and also, a sense of belonging to that special place where I grew.

In CSS just now, what I saw when I walked around the school alone is that it changed little in the exterior, but the interior is totally different. I walked around the classrooms, and I peeked inside to see, the creativity on the boards are gone, and the ex-4/3 classroom is now quite different from then. I can't tell where I am sitting, and where I would be in chinese lessons. The only feeling which warms me is that the classroom is my living memory of how 38 people came together and spent their one last year together before setting off in their lives. I missed that classroom, that very special classroom which houses us, 4/3.

I won't bother to mention the other changes, since some of them are actually vandalism and such. However, one other change would be that same feeling when I looked down from the gallery. I saw the classes of CSSians, and the different faces who I barely recognised. It changed. The hall now only reminds me of the numerous PE lessons we had in it, the concerts we held and forgot, the NDP trainings, and last but not least, the prelim and Os we sat through in there. It seemed like forever for them to settle down, like we did last time. I guess it's not that different when we're last in there in secondary 4, but the atmosphere could not be more relaxed than the day when we recieved our results.

The teachers are still the same, except for not being able to see Kelly Lim and Esther Leng, the rest of the teachers look good. The people who I went through 4 precious years with, they're still the same, and as bubbly as ever. I could not ask for better friends than them, and amongst those are the class of 4/3. You guys are the best, and though some of us are not able to make it today, I guess soon we'll see each other again.

After CSS, I went to have lunch with the 4/3, ate macdonalds, and talked for a long while, about the things we went through, and the things we think we're up against. It's cool to listen, hear and discuss about different experiences, and share mine too. After a long while, they proceeded as plan to play LAN gaming. As I was in long pants which are obviously disallowed, I slacked around, and saw Jennifer in the Arcade. So we talked for a while before I met Liwei, ChunHwee, XianYu and PAO, it's then Jennifer disappeared without a trace, but well, sure she can take care of herself since her friends are still downstairs having lunch. So I spent time with the RV people talking, and playing catch up with LiWei, who's my first 3 months classmate. He's needing motivation.

Nothing much happened after that, just that I left to TohGuan, where the soccer gang played soccer onthe fifth level of a multi storey carpark. After playing for around an hour, HRM, Loon and me left to a nearby service centre for handphones, and sent my handphone for repair. I can't bear leaving my phone with them, since it's with me for so long, but it's for greater good, so I'll wait till monday before I get you back again, so that you can spend Medan by my side. That sounds wrong, since it's just a phone. I actually challenged the assistant, telling her the problems and making sure she wrote properly. There's this conversation:

Me : The battery got a dent, which I did not notice when I first purchase it, can I replace it?

Her: Hmm, normally dents like that does not affect the battery life. So I can't change it for you.

Me : Normally? So you're generalising.

Her: ... ...

Me : Would you mind to test it's battery performance for me? I don't have the neccessay equipments at home.

Her: ... Er.... Okay...

Me : If you got time, help me check another thing also... I wonder is it right if you received a brand new phone with a dented battery, because it's seriously poor QC.

Her: ... Er... Okay, thanks I'll look into it.

Guess you have to really push them to get things done. It's evident that there's some part of me that ruthless and merciless against service assistants. Maybe it's just my perfectionism.

scribbled this at 8:11 pm by kS