Monday, August 28, 2006
Well, I only entered lessons at 1pm, and all my classmates are like "Wow, you're actually in school?" Of course I am, and I'm involved in a large scale ushering and bringing the HODs of different schools to the PD Centre's Leaders' Mass, and also around the school. That's a difference in today. My mood is not that good, mainly because there's already alot of interference in the morning, and now with this ushering, my lips just tightened.
Where does this saying leads, and how many times must it be repeated, that when one person is talking, and other people are talking at the same time, it only meant that no one is listening? My point is that I intended on a short briefing before we actually started the ushering, in the end, we hit almost 15 minutes. Why? The reason is simple. Interference. I hate people to talk with you, especially if that person is seated next to you, and you're briefing and that person just keep interupting your words with her string of questions, and also comments. I don't mind answering questions and reviewing comments, but I think that there is a more polite way of doing so. Names are useless, and whoever thinks that this applies to you, please learn, although it's really directed to that person.
That aside, the next thing which actually pissed me off today, is that total lack of confidence someone has. When I'm the IC, I had never wanted to hear the phrase "Can you do it? Cause I think I can't do it."(Acts faint). Stress comes in all the time. I've done this till I'm sick and tired of doing it again, and basically that is the reason why I'm the IC for the two ushering sessions last wednesday and also today. What is so different when there is a slight change in the route we are taking? Is it really such a burden to you? I'm totally pissed when you made a fuss that it's a long route, and you can't do it. This leads to another problem, and that is the same problem which anybody knows of, not to show your anxious side in front of the people who are going to take faith in you. You made a scene in the middle of the room talking to some teachers, and some other teachers may have heard the conversation. If they did, I'm sure they're not happy to hear your response.
Please reflect. If I'm unfair, I would have told you yo slack at the room, never come out, and watch all your peers do your part of the burden. If that's what you expect, then I see you as unfit to join our ranks. I may not be able to lead the entourage party as good as the teachers could, but the one thing I never fail to do, is to say that at least I can try. What is the point of me asking more people to join in the group, and get as many people as possible to join in the entourage? The reason is simple, so that our exposure would be widened, and also that we learn more skills to communicate and talk to the people around you. What's the point in me leading the entourage again, for at least the fourth time? I've done it and am familiar with what to do, so that is why I put you upfront together with another person who needs this exposure! Is my reasoning so crude, that you failed to see this crucial point?
I've vented my reasonable frustration. And I think it will be better to thrash this out when the time is right.
Well, the other happening event is that I actually got to eat alot of Icecream for dinner. Actually, I planned to eat rice or go out for dinner with the councillors, but well, 4 large scoops of ice cream really makes your appetite wane. After 4 scoops of chocolate mint ice cream (my mouth is FRESH), and several attempts to rob YiQi and Co. at Affinty to get a windbreaker, I went back up to the Leaders' Mass to study and look after the room. I can't proceed on with physics and chemistry because I am virtually stuck in maths and physics, so I decided to proceed on with my chemistry. I did my revisions and therefore, made a choice to proceed on with Carboxylic acids. I finished my lecture notes, and will do my tutorial later on.
Teachers' Day is ever closer, and I'm going to make my gift on wednesday, though it may seem like a little last minute work, but actually, I've the master plan at my fingertips.
And wait, one more thing. There is going to be an Open House at JJ for the secondary 4 students around October, and guess what committee I'm in? I initially thought I was in Logistics. But lo and below, I've been put under the charge of Christina, the DECOR COMMITTEE!! When I knew it, I was like " WHAT?? YOU SURE I'M IN DECOR? NO MISTAKES? THIS CAN'T BE!!" A guy who gets utterly poor marks in any art piece he does is actually placed in the committee he can't survive in. That's the way to create all rounders. Well, there's a slim possibility that I will succeed, but nevertheless, I a
Good luck people, for your promos and projects and everything that you need to do, are doing, or have not done. Signing out.
scribbled this at 11:28 pm by kS