theMUGGER
It's just me.














myHITS

myARCHIVE

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Just a random thought from something random I did. I was quickly looking through the photos I had just gotten from Clara today, and I really think that taking photographing are extremely meaningful, especially when you start to meet people around you, and work ever closer with these people who you had actually met before. It's really something remarkable, for I thought I've only known these people from the time that we actually worked together, but in reality, we've known or met each other in earlier in our lives.

For some, I only recognised the faces, and not the names written on the tags and lists. People like Paul, I've actually worked with him for Orientation 2, and I only knew it when I saw his face appearing in the photographs of E-web of his OG. For others like Wanyi and Cheryl, actually we've worked together for Cluster Camp, and I only knew who you guys are when we actually collarborated in the Track and Field Usher and the PD Block Opening respectively. This world is really small. Some of the faces I've seen now seemed so unfamiliar, and took me few seconds to process their pictures in order to recognise them.

My brain really seemed like a failing memory storage device. There are people who keep waving at me, saying hello. There's nothing wrong with that, but it just seem all so awkward to return a smile and a wave,then turning around to ask yourself who they are. Well, as I said, my memory's failing. Even today at the main gate when I'm returning home, I failed to notice that there are two people walking in front of me. When I'm heading out, one of them said "Bye, Kangsheng." I was really stunned and looked at her blurly. It took me, like 2 seconds to take in the following information:

- That my name is called
- Where the person who called me was standing
- To tell myself to turn around
- To look at her and ask myself who she is
- To tell myself that I've just worked with her
- Then to tell myself that I know this person

It took me another 3 seconds to process:

- To try and remember her name
- To ask myself when did I knew her
- Then to tell myself that her name is Cheryl
- Then to remember that I've to return the greeting

That's a awefully long five second blur look on my stupid face. Sorry Cheryl, because all that's in my mind at that point of time is literally an empty hollow space. Can you imagine looking at a half dead person walking out of school? That will be like dismissal time for the Zombies Junior College. But luckily we're not a school of zombies, but just that it's a tiring day in school, or another tiring day in school.

I actually completed my chemistry tutorials totally, and including Hydroxy and Carbonyl Compounds, so that I'd free up time at the end of the week to beef up my maths and physics. I jsut hope that by studying and mugging these weeks, I'd not get blur-er, at least not to the extent that I've to look at Bryan and ask him for his name, because that'll prove that I'm getting as blur as he is.

And I've got to make another video for the school again, but this time, it's for the Character Development thing, and it's due on 15th Sept. While my first video has to be out by next friday. Spare me, I'm not in Mass Comm nor Film and Media, I'm in a JC. Well, I hope there's support from you guys out there, because if there isn't, I'd see you all next year as seniors already. It's true. My maths has deproved to the point that I could not even understand vectors properly. I've missed three consecutive maths lectures, and one critical physics lecture. Time to play catch up, or is it already too late?

I'm just abit paranoid, and abit worried for myself and the people around me. We all know we should buck up, and let's do it together! I've always liked Linkin Park's songs, and the rap from "Forgotten" really expresses how much the promos meant to the borderline cases.

"A little piece of paper with a picture drawn
Floats on down the street till the wind is gone
The memory now is like the picture was then
When the paper's crumpled up it can't be perfect again"

scribbled this at 12:03 am by kS