Sunday, August 20, 2006
Finally, the hectic week of our term draws to a close. It's quite a fun week actually. With the MOE visit on Wednesday, the Showtime recording yesterday, and also the PD Centre opening today. It all finally ended.
Before I start on anything, I'd really like to thank the people who helped us greatly in the process. These people includes the VIP ushers, the station representatives, movement coordinators and also the people who helped during Chinese Riddle Closing. Thanks to you guys like Paul, Cheryl, Jacinda, Alex, Siyun, and everyone else. Station representatives from the T-shirt museum, the iLEP, and also the rocket launch and XAC people, people like TengChin and Sebastian, JiaZhenand the other girl, Lastrina, JunCheng and Cherlyn, YiFan and the eight other helpers. Guess my memory is not good enoguh to remember the names.
Though we're the people at the forefront doing the work, I also really want to thank those people who worked hard at the back, doing the saikang which I've done and am doing for the camps. How do I know? I'm there before.
We've really gone a long way, through all the preparations and such, it's just like a mini NDP, mini camp, mini investiture. We work hard and harder for the event to take place, and once it came and it went, the loss is quite saddening. That's the reason why I wanted to stay out of the high spirits in the hall just now when everyone is cheering and singing songs, I want to get the feel of being at an event held once every 2 years, to be there at the end of it, and to be there to feel the emotions.
Though I'm no expert in the spirits and mood of the group, I must say that the feeling is unbelievable. The hall spoke in a common language and also, sang their hearts out together, with the overseas students and all. To see them sing and cheer and dance, I really feel proud to be actually helping in the event, that I'm one of those people who made this event a success. There are a lot of cock ups, but we handled them well, the councillors took charge when the teachers are busy, we took charge when in times of doubt. That's the spirit of excellence, that's initiative.
There are frustrating times during the event actually, and I'm disappointed with some of the organisers themselves in handling manpower and also the lack of foresight. We're available for exploitation, and we gladly serve, but please, give us ONE voice to listen to, and not different people syaing different things altogether. We even anger some people in the process of doing that. That's the exact reason why we stood up, to smoothen the transition and to facilitate. This does not show that we're trying to be elitists, but it's the call that we can do a better job than you if we want to, and we can exercise that spirit anytime we want to.
The council is really all out to serve the college in this period of time. The 12 people attached to the groups from Chinese Riddle has done very well, and I thank you guys. We all know that we're taken for granted, and that we're actually helping every single event in the school. We do not mind, but all of us here are humans, and praises actually works wonders. Thanking others make them felt that sense of belonging in a project, believe it or not. As I talk about the council, it really make me think of 4/3 even more.
Everytime I thought back to CSS, my mind always floated to 4/3 in less time than you can possibly think. Though we're not as active as we are a class and not a CCA, our actions actually spoke our commitment and discipline. The feeling I've lost is that feeling to enjoy entering the class early in the morning, and just sit around discussing the little stuff which you can't remember at the end of the day. All our laughter and tears, I treasure and miss. Because in JJ now, you can never get that feeling back. It's never the same in council, in my current class now. Life is so hectic and dull, that it almost kills you just to look forward to the next lesson even though it's a break. The PE lessons are just memorable, now, gathering for PE takes more than 10 minutes. The practicals are just different with Mr Yong and Mdm Quek around, the lessons are different without you guys around me. To think that our next meeting will be teachers' day in little more than a week's time, it still gives me an itch to make time crawl a bit faster. Just a little bit so that I could see you guys a little sooner. That's how much I missed you guys.
Apart from that, I must say that being commited in doing something really takes up more than you can imagine. Because commitment can never be measured. It's only judged at the end of the whole programme, to give you a rough gauge of how well you do. People expect different things from the same person. Measure your own commitment and not perceive others' opinions as the best, because we all make mistakes.
I guess I shall stop here for today, and thanks Phyllis, YanPing, XinYi, ZiLiang for trying to get me to join you guys in the excitment in the hall. Thanks Leonard and YiQi for managing T-Break and Affinty when the entourage walks past, and for helping in the Crossroad. You guys worked super hard, putting up everything in just less than a week!! And thanks Lili for creating the first winner of the best class t-shirt in JJ currently! I'm ever more proud to put on the tee now, but there's some complications since god knows when, due to a washing mistake at home it got patches of stuff which is hard to remove.
Good night guys, and thanks again. 11 more days till I can see you guys again, 4/3!!
scribbled this at 12:43 am by kS