Sunday, August 13, 2006
Suddenly I got this urge to blog again. This time, it's not about the camp, but it's about the session we had with Mr Ng, yes, the love languages.
Love Languages includes time, gifts, touch, words and acts of services.
Personally, I think I would be the following.
Receiving (Top being highest)
Time
I'm a person who likes to be out, and likes to hang around places. Sometimes I may have no time to be playing around, but I always appreciate companionship.
Acts of services
I'm sort of a observant person, and being in Logistics for so long, I tend to see into the specifics of things, and from there I learn and be grateful. It's really not whether how much you helped me, it's the little things that accumulates to a huge effort that counts.
Words
I'm easily motivated by words and speech. What else could get one so easily down with depression and high with emotions? Only words can literally tell the person that he or she is loved.
Touch
Sometimes when we touch, we can feel what the person is really thinking. For me, I'm not really the type to feel that I'm loved when people give me a pat on the back or play around with my hair, I'm more of what's mentioned above.
Gifts
I find gifts the most superficial component in receiving gifts. But that's not saying that gifts for me are not appreciated.
Giving
Acts of services
I prefer to serve, than talk a lot and then initiate action. I firmly believes that actions speaks louder than words, and that's pretty much why I prefer to serve.
Words
Naturally, some part of me always wants to motivate others and make others feel at home or loved, that's through my words. When I speak, I will want to liften up the spirits of the people, or just create a change in them.
Time
Since I rarely even have time for my council and academics, I really can't place time up high. However, time is really precious, and when I am willing to spend it to make others feel loved, I will really do it.
Touch
I am not a touchy fellow, since I already said that most of myself is expressed through my actions and words. Touch is a luxury to be considered, since you can never anticipate how warm or cold the touch of loved ones are.
Gifts
Gifts don't last, not in reality and also not in memory. That's why I prefer to serve so that others will have that inkling that I care.
Love is a complicating language, isn't it?
scribbled this at 9:51 pm by kS