Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Today, we had our Leaders' Investiture and also, the National Day Celebrations, including the Interhouse Competition. I must say that I felt more from RONO after the Interhouse, than before and during the preparations. Although we did not clinch the championship which eventually went to OWENS, I did not least regret one bit. OWENS is really strong this year, and with the number of runners and enthusiastic people in the house, I guess that no other house can really beat them in unity, currently.
The Leaders' Investiture went really well, and I really think that all the Leaders out there roared the pledge. Though it is not as synchronised and all, it is very well done for the little amount of time for the rehearsals and the lack of time due to the Common Tests.
Thanks councillors, leaders and all for helping in making this event a success! Without your time and effort into late nights, this event will not have the colours and brillance. Thanks for helping in clearing up the event, and also wrapping it in such a way that it is really picture perfect.
With the first major event in August out of the way, what we can say is that this really paves our pace to overcome the next few events lined up, namely the Leaders' Camp and also, the PD Block Opening together with the International Chinese Riddle Competition.
I'm pretty sure that the Leaders' Camp will be a blast.
Look at the activities in the camp, the very words there makes you drool.
scribbled this at 9:00 pm by kS