theMUGGER
It's just me.














myHITS

myARCHIVE

Sunday, July 30, 2006

I guess there's really a difference when we put 22 totally different people together and last them throughout 2 years. Difference in attitude and opinions really create conflict between an internal group of people.

I can't help but to compare with my secondary school class and the council. Though it may seem very myopic to do such a thing, but it's quite pointless to see how things turn out now. The best situation if we become sitting ducks would be the falling grades overall, and the imminent tender resignation of a great teacher.

I look back to when I'm in sports class, 4/3, and I saw 37 other different people, some who thinks alike, and some who thinks that there isn't anything much to the class rather than athlectic skills. Those who thought that way, including me, are proven wrong. We turned out to be one of the most united classes in Commonwealth history, even after our status of Sports Class is stripped after the designated programme for our class is removed. We still continue to work hard in both studies and sports, and preserve that spirit of excellence and dignity in us to continue, determination to succeed and rise after failure. That's us.

I really can't express how much I missed 4/3'05 now, especially after meeting troubled times in JJ currently. I'm not going to hide from these troubles, but facing these with you guys could really be of much help. Nevertheless, I'm going to do this alone.

A student councillor is really no different from any student, really. It's nothing about humility, my stand is that we're no different from you guys, except maybe for additional duties. Yet, all of us have our different duties, duties as a subject representative, as a class chairperson, etc.

"You're first a student, then you're a students' council."
Ng Eong Sian

I agree with him on this. Play with the words, what do you find? Our responsibilities are no different from a student.

Student Leader - First a Student, then a Leader
Student Athlete - First a Student, then an Athlete
Peer Leader - First a Peer, then a Leader

There's another important point which I learnt from the council, is this:
"Know the heartbeat of your leader."

In our terms, it means our teachers. We haven't really understood our teacher well enough to consider them our teacher, that's that.

Yet, I must say that in our life, we meet different groups of people and handled the same incidents very differently. There's no such thing as perfect collaboration, however, we can forge close ties enough to bring us through difficult times. The way the council works is that we always believe that there's no amount of time enough for us to complete our tasks, therefore we work with haste and speed so that we still can cope with our studies. That's a similar way to which 4/3'05 works.

Haste, speed and accuracy. Efficiency is of great importance when there's a lack of time.

The problem with us is not a huge problem. All our attitudes are right, yet it's just that people have a problem with our attitude. All we need now, is a good trashing session to get the skeletons out of the closet. Who knows? We may make history as the most united bunch of people in JJ's history. I believe it to be very feasible, but it requires us to align our opinions first.

Sometimes I just wish that I had more time with you guys, so that we can bond better, that we can go through more together than individually. Time isn't on our side at all. It's either these few days or never, because we only have till December next year, then it's really either a last goodbye, or a sad farewell hoping to see each other again soon.

I'm getting this off my mind in the midst of studying for my common tests coming up. Study hard guys, all 22 of us will pull this off!

scribbled this at 11:30 am by kS