Wednesday, July 19, 2006
Had quite a day. Well, today I went down to the Nationals Track and Field Finals to help out with ushering. I couldn't say for sure that it's the best reason to go for the event, but it's worth it to be there. However, most of the time, I'm just as, or even more, sweaty than the people on the track, running their asses off to claim a place in history. Mainly because I've been standing in a sheltered area with literally no air in my face, and no wind to blow onto you to make you feel relieved.
And worse, I've been put there in the early afternoon. And when I saw the start time of the programme, I nearly fainted. We're ready at 1.30pm and the start time is 3pm. Can you imagine my face? It just made me grew a few more strands of white hair.
Other than that, I guess the whole event is pretty okay. And another point of specialising is really annoying. The Singapore Sports School could have been said as trashing the other schools. For the girls event, the prize podium also stand two people wearing the same grey and orange Sports School windbreaker, and it's either winning 1st and 2nd, or 1st and 3rd. It's no wonder they won the girls division. As for the guys, it's more competitive and they came out second, and well done to which ever that school is, you've earned my respect, for the time being.
Anyway, caught up with a few friends there, Tse Ruey who had a good run in the 800m, and Peishan who sits somewhere near the area I'm on duty at. Peishan looks darn smart in her uniform, maybe because it's a RJ uniform, that's why. But nonetheless, she's still smart. Then there's Mr Quek whom I bumped into a few times while doing duty. He's the same as ever, and haven't changed a bit.
That's my cents for today. And common tests are arriving.
Time to up the tempo.
Full exemption, here I come!
scribbled this at 10:49 pm by kS