theMUGGER
It's just me.














myHITS

myARCHIVE

Sunday, February 26, 2006

It's been a short week. As in literally. I'm really too worked up over lots of stuff which takes up most of my time.

OGL Camp had just passed by, and I took it as a step closer to the inevitable O2, tiring but hand-cluching experience.

On Monday and Tuesday, we spent most of our time preparing letters and finalising the logistic lists for the camp, and also packing up the furniture room to make space. Well, we didn't manage to do it on time and thus got told off by our seniors, but an invaluable lesson for me on teamwork was learnt. I really want to thank my committee on giving me the trust and all, supporting me in all that I've done. Now I'll make sure it's not a one-way thing, but a multi-fashioned way of supporting one another in everything we do.

On Wednesday, we headed out to to buy the heavyweight items for our camp, the waterbombs and the flour, soap and such items. We fell short of items too, but nonetheless we got the items back to school and began packing the items into their respective positions in the furniture room itself. Thanks Melissa and Pearleen for taking up the challenge of arranging the room for the various activities. I won't say you've done a good job, but an AWESOME job on it, though there's still room for improvement, I'd say it's a jumpstart for our shared experience.

Thursday, the day before the OGL Camp, we sort of conducted a SHADOWS Camp. A 1D1N camp in the school itself. At first we wanted to play more towards the end of the day, but we got so worked up over the preparations for the camp that we forgotten ourselves, and dinner and the teachers and seniors and many more others. We did finish what we're suppose to do, and also bonded more during the night. I had wanted to go home and get my camping stuff in the afternoon after dismissal, but ended up going home at 10.40pm because of my duties. Pearleen and Germaine, I'd say that you two are super packers! Pearleen especially, you go home the same time as me, and still can leave house to meet up, less than an hour later, meaning you packed your stuff in, about 15mins? Germaine too, wake up and pack in such a short time, wow.

That night, Mr Leow and the guys slept together in the Dance Studio and enjoyed little conversations of everything. And by saying everything, I mean EVERYTHING. You can write a GP essay on it by choosing any conversations, seriously entertaining. Talked and sung and talked and sung through to almost 3am, and slept soundly after that. That was really a night to remember.

We woke up in the morning at around 5.30am, and what greeted me was this simple thought : OGL Camp IS HERE. I energised myself with this thought, and washed up and gathered for a short briefing before morning assembly starts. We didn't attend the morning assembly for the actual preparations for the camp itself. I didn't really did as much as my committee members, as my main duty was to ensure that what we're suppose to do was done on time and in a neat fashion. I held a talkie and communicated with various ICs and eased my phone bill by Q#$@%#$ percent.

The camp itself is alright, but super tiring. I really wondered how a 3D2N O2 Camp would have on us. On the whole, I think we did a FANTASTIC job, but it's a mere part of our potential compared to what we will show during O2 Camp!

Preparations for the O2 Camp starts NOW!

scribbled this at 2:09 pm by kS