Sunday, February 12, 2006
I guess I'm abit over-sensitive towards my results. Life continues as normal after the much anticipated Friday.
Actually, I really expected to do better, because I think I put in much more effort than to get 13 points. That's how I feel, but the results show otherwise. It's alright, I'll prove myself for the As next year.
I've neither value-add nor de-valued from PSLE. Remember the expected score churned out by the ministry, the one which states your PSLE score and then your expected grades for each subject and then L1R5 expected? I got exactly 13, while I'm expected a 13.4 on the expected scorelist, which I've last seen and copied the details down in Sec 3.
My expected grades for each is different, but my L1R5 is just as expected. I value-added in both maths which I got an A1 each, but decreased in Chinese, English and Chemistry, which I'm expected to be a near A2 student.
My lesson learnt from the Os, is that everyone should start early. I did a last minute revision for everything and clarify everything at the last minute, my most appropriate reason to getting disappointing L1R5. I started on Physics during September holidays, while I never did start on Chinese at all, not forgetting chemistry. Combined Humanities is one which required a long time build up of skills, which I failed to do too.
So, start now. I've learnt my lesson. A long journey of learning step by step and constant revision is at least 15 times better than napping first and taking a shortcut later on. And people, don't think that there's alot of time. You may hear this over and over and over from teachers, parents and others, but it's true. 2 years can flash by like hours only, I've experienced that. One thing I regret, is not vigilantly doing my work.
Words can play a fool sometimes. Wonder why bitter comes first in the word bittersweet? As the Chinese idiom goes, "Xian Ku Hou Tian", or the bitter comes before the sweet. It's really true. There's no wonderland or paradise in Singapore's education system.
On another note, I've registered for JAE 2006. I'm staying in JJC, so my first choice's JJC Science followed by Arts. The rest, I did put in a few, but I don't think they matter. Judging by the good scores in this year O levels, I think that many would want to move on to better JCs while some new faces will move into JJC, coming into OUR second orientation!! I won't spoil a single thing, so my mouth is shut.
There's so much to say, and yet there's so little time. I guess I'll sign off here. I'm also to say that today, I did a stupid but also something which makes my heart lighten considerably. Thanks, now I can truly rest.
scribbled this at 10:23 pm by kS