Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Maybe I’ll just take a second to upload this later onto my blog. Well, I’m using the laptop right now, and my brother’s using the miracle desktop. The reason I called it the miracle desktop is because it isn’t suppose to work at all, since 1 memory chip is burnt and the other is so badly over-clocked that I wasn’t sure how it would be compatible with the mainboard. I’m not complaining that it’s working, but I just hope that I could get the new memory chips and processor as soon as possible.
Anyway, today was my last day of the school week again. I’m on a flight back to Malaysia tomorrow afternoon, while in the morning there is still a lot of household stuff to take care of.
I felt really guilty and sorry towards my class. I’m appointed Class Rep last Tuesday, and the last 3 days of the week I wasn’t in school at all due to Espial 06. I missed out on the making of the lantern for Chinese New Year. I’m proud to say that we are ranked top 3 in the whole school!! The rank of our lantern is still a mystery to us though.
Back to the point, I came back this week and only get to be with the class again for barely 3 more days. I’ll be gone tomorrow and I hate to miss out on the stuff we could be going through too. There’s the OGL meeting tomorrow, the touching up of our lantern, the mass dances and also the concert. Sorry guys, I didn’t plan for such absence from school, but I promise I’ll do my best as a Class Rep when I get back from Malaysia!
Next is the OGL meeting I had today. Well, it didn’t shock me to know that we’re the Planning Committee (aka Shadows) for Orientation 02 2006. I realized that many from my OG who signed up turned up to be a Shadow too. We got to play some ice breakers since we got to work together for the next 6 weeks to plan the coming orientation activities for the 2nd intake.
Frankly, I just wanted to be the OGL running the show directly, being there to go crazy with the rest of the 2nd intake people, but since I’m given such a role to play, I won’t complain. The teachers’ words are right, the OGLs provided the body for the orientation, without the brain and thinking process, the OGLs won’t have anything to do too. I’ve done enough in secondary school to understand difficulties of collaboration, and I won’t create more of these unnecessary conflicts myself.
Met more crazy people like myself today, played games together and get to know each other better. Tomorrow, they’ll be having another OGL meeting which I can’t attend due to my flight. This time, it’s the whole Orientation 02 2006 team, so I’m kind of feel left out since I know they’ll be having fun and getting to know each other pretty well.
Moving on, I am also going to miss the return to CSS on Friday to visit the teachers and the concert at CSS. I really want to go back and see you guys, but I’ll be Malaysia then. I want photos!! So whoever go back, kindly email me photos of Friday@CSS, can? I guess I’ll just make a trip down to CSS next week when there’s time, compensation for missing out on Friday.
Another thing I’m missing out is the movie Memoirs of a Geisha. Me and Kuan Hui actually wanted to watch it after school today, but since I had the OGL meeting on at 5pm and the show is said to be ending at around 4.45pm, time constraints disallowed us to watch the movie there and then. Tomorrow I’m flying, so there’s no time to watch in Singapore, but I’m not going to watch it in Malaysia, I’m going to watch it when I’m back in Singapore!!
“It’s been a long time since I last blogged thoughts towards you. This time round, I want nothing more than just your understanding. It’s been almost a year since then, and I hope that we can go back to the times when we still talked and laughed. Now, though we’re in the same school still, the silence is really deafening. Last but not least, an early Happy Valentine’s Day and Happy Friendship Day to you.”I just remembered reading off somewhere, this year’s Valentine’s Day and Friendship Day actually fell on the same day!! I don’t know when will I be able to blog next, so to everyone, a Happy Valentine’s Day and a Happy Friendship Day!! I welcome presents and cards, yup, eGreetings are fine, but if you want to send me cards, sms me for my address. **Grins**
scribbled this at 10:52 pm by kS