Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Well, first day in JC, let's see.
Woke up, then went to take bus. I took 98, not 240 since 98 came first. Unfortunately, I'm still in CSS attire, so I got recognised easily by some friends and they thought that I actually retained. Oh well, I got off the bus along Jurong West Street 51, at the POSBank there, and walked to the side gate of the school.
First, I walked past a secondary one pupil from our school. How do I know he's a sec 1?? The TIE!! It's Tuesday and that kid is wearing a tie, so must be a sec 1. I can predict what he'll do when he reach the school. He'll stand around the general office area outside the HOD room, and walk around the area where we do our sit-and-reach and not talk to anyone until he spotted another schoolmate he's familiar with. How do I know?
I'm a Commonwealthian too! Or at least an ex-Commonwealthian.
Oh well, after that, passed by 7-Eleven. Lo and behold, Kenny Phua emerges. He thought I'm heading for NJC too, but sadly, the JJC gate is near to the bus stop where rides to NJC is located. Walked with him for awhile, chit-chatted and finally I headed off to JJC. Went in straight away, saw pockets of people waiting outside, frantically SMS-ing their friends to arrive faster so they can go in without fear of the unknown territory.
Well, I settled in a quiet spot in the canteen cause I can't spot any friends nor seniors, and read a book until WeiKang arrives and we talked cock for few minutes before everyone else starts appearing. Then went to General Office to get KuanHui's and Jacob's OG number, and headed off to the hall to gather.
There's altogether 6 families, and I'm in Family 2!! It's almost grouped according to birthdates or ICs for that matter, so KuanHui in OG8 may be a January baby, but will be the youngest in his OG. Soon headed down for Assembly, and got it over with and headed back to the hall. Had a skit to introduce the school facilities and another to introduce a teacher, followed by the Principal's Address, Pupil Management guy, presentation about SPA, and lastly Mother Tongue. By then, our butts hurt and ached, and we got to stand up and did some cheering without knowing what was happening since the OGLs are doing the cheers by themselves, then did browsing of some of the subjects information.
Got to our so-called family spot, and play games to remember names, then moved to have lunch. After lunch it's back to learning mroe cheers from the leaders. These cheers I had never heard before in my life, and they are alot lamer than you think. We learnt some and headed back to the hall where we got to know the PE teacher. He must be Peter Lim's bestest best friends for obvious reasons. VERY OBVIOUS. Peter Lim's friend's Siao Liao, and he's really like Peter Lim in every way. From the way he sits to the way he talks to us during our PE lessons.
Well, soon enough, we learnt those cheers and used them against some families to try and gain the title of loudest family, but I think we succeeded and failed at the same time. Soon enough, we got to learn a dance, and got to pair up with a female partner, so I danced with someone whom I can't remember her name, and glad it's over and done with.
Then had a presentation to promote TIME magazine for usage as material for GP, then Siao Liao talked to us about the orientation. He sounded like Peter Lim in everyway, from stories of people he met in his past, to the lame stuff he tells his pupils on how to go about with the packing list for the camp.
You got to give it to them seniors and JJC people who organised the orientation. They're really creative people. To have a slogan called "Kaleidescope of Life" with the logo, and then have a theme explaining the logo in such literative detail that I myself felt astounded. I juz hope this camp is good.
Anyway, the first 2 people who spoke to us made an impression on me. Mrs Teo isn't the only principal in Singapore who can't pronounce syllables properly, and the next one(the pupil management guy) spoke in a older and more lenient version of Mr Seah, with pronounciation errors too. Anyway, I'm just being observant, I'm not trying to pull them down or anything.
Well, that's all for today. Hope to see you all blog today!
scribbled this at 4:56 pm by kS