Friday, November 04, 2005
Been a while since I've last blogged. I intented to blog last Friday but so happened that I fell sick that day through a mysterious event.
How do I fall sick? Some sort of immediate exposure to dramatic temperature changes or some sort, alternating from cold to warm to cold to warm, etc etc.
Started out in the Library studying on the 4th floor, the VAT or someplace at JE Lib. The air con there is a killer, trust me. If you want to study, prepare a hot water tumbler and heat packs before you go, I almost got killed by the aircon there.
Decided that it's too cold, I shoo-ed Fizah out of the library to Gek Poh there to study there. My alterate heat exposure starts from getting outside the library, where experiences warm temperatures and than cold when into JEC then warm when walking to the 99 bus stop and cold on the 99 bus and super warm while walking to gek poh.
Well. That's what makes me get my fever, at least that's what I think. I got home that day with a spliting dizzy head and a 39.1 degress celcius fever. That's the start of all my problems.
For the next few days, my temperatures were like a sine graph. Literally. Sometimes it's as low as 36.4 degress, while my peak temperature hit my all time high of 39.8 degrees. Fearing dengue, I got to NUH on early monday morning at 1am, check out with the doctor about my fever. He said he can't confirm whether I had dengue anot, since dengue normally surface in 4 or 5 days while mine had only been 2.5days. A blood test wouldn't be of much used either. So I took some prescription from the doctor and proceeded home to rest more and rest more and rest more.
Days went with monotony sickness and weakness. Sometimes killing yourself seem like an almightly jolly good decision to make, with the Os nearing to single digits and still I fall sick to such an extent.
As for now till Os, I'll mug hard again to make up for the lost time I've spent recuperating, and meanwhile, build up my bodily defenses so that I won't be bugged down again during and after the Os.
scribbled this at 1:15 pm by kS