Monday, October 24, 2005
Just saw the subject combinations which JJC offered. I should say that it's quite rigid. They only offered 4 major streams. Science Major, Humans Major, iLEP and LEP streams. iLEP and LEP has got alot to do with Chinese Language and Literature, so I can't do them. Humans Major would also be out for me, for they don't offer physics even as a contrasting subject. Sciences major looks fine for me, just that I've to take H2 chemistry.
I hate chemistry. There's no common sense in chemistry and there never will be. It is pure memory work and I don't give a piece of crap what colour it is suppose to give as long as I don't understand the reasoning behind why this colour. My brother studied triple science in secondary school, scoring A1 for chemistry, while proceeding to A level chemistry, he studied like a donkey and only scored a B. What am I going to get if I go on to study H2 chemistry? My prelims barely scrapped a C6, could I possibly jump to an A1?
It seems fairly impossible, but I'm willing to give it a shot. This last minute effort to pull up my sciences has got to benefit me in order to get a better future. If I am going to take up H2 chemistry in JC, then I got to work harder than my brother for it.
The only schools which has released their detailed subject combination classes are only JJC and SAJC, others merely stating what subject they are offering. Some of the schools haven't even updated to the revised A level curriculum.
I've to make a choice based on the subject combinations offered by JJC then, since other schools haven't released theirs. I would love to go to a school which offers a combination with chemistry as a H1.
First Choice:
General Paper as H1, Mother Tongue as H1, Project Work as H1, Chemistry
as H1, Physics as H2 (H3), Maths C as H2 and Economics as H2.
Second Choice:
General Paper as H1, Mother Tongue as H1, Project Work as H1, Chemistry
as H2, Physics as H2 (H3), Maths C as H2 and Economics as H2.
Third Choice:
General Paper as H1, Mother Tongue as H1, Project Work as H1, Physics as H2 (H3), Maths C as H2 and Economics as H2, Geography as H2.
Well, based on what information I had now, there's only second choice for me.
My mum and brother advised me against going to ACJC!! They said that there are annual donation drives FOR THE SCHOOL compulsory for all students. And it's a methodist school, and my mum is pro-buddhism. Though I don't believe in either, parental consent can affect travel and may hit monetary difficulties in the near future. Still, it's one of my choices.
NJC seemed to be a more realistic choice for me, since it's a good college and my goal JC, yet what will affect me is my L1R5 for prelims, which may not be eligible for the JC itself, and the choice of subjects may also be more rigid than at JJC since I'm an underdog there, needing to allow others to choose their's first before I can select mine.
NJC? ACJC? OR JJC?
scribbled this at 10:12 am by kS