Saturday, October 22, 2005
Went to the final open house I'll go for JC. ACJC. Quite a small number from our school went to ACJC as compared to NJC, I went with Hei Wai, Ivan Yeow and Jonathan Lim. Saw a few familiar faces there though, Zihan, Sarah Lah, Kai Yan, Jun Wei, Sheng Chuan, Lai Ka, Li Li, etc and etc.
Found the place quite nice though, more atmosphere than at NJC, with a larger and better sports complex. While on a guided tour around the school, I found that the people there were more friendly than at other places, with LTs and facilities comparable to many other schools.
Play basketball with their Vice-Captain, Albert. While we lost both 3 on 3 games, I realise that I have lost my form totally. I can do a proper lay up, and my skills seemed to be more dependent on luck than on my familiarity with the ball in the court. I managed to stretch my stamina, which has severely worsen since cross country, though barely.
I'll be screwing myself should I go for trials in this state. I'll be more versatile next time, and if I ever going to be trialed, I won't disappoint myself any longer. Watch me, 'A' Division basketball, I'm stealing the show. Just kidding.
Now I seem to be in a dilema myself. Should I stretch my luck and hope to be a Nationalist, praying that their basketball club is at least important enough in the school to pull students in for their skills and slacken on the academic aspect. Or should I trial for ACJC? Where their basketball team is much more challenging than at NJC?
Even though I may be able to get into these JCs through my basketball abilities, I may not be able to secure a place I want in my subject combination. Which brings me to my last choice, JJC? Though I know that their academic aspect is not as strong compared to other JCs, but my L1R5 will have a higher percentage of securing a place in the subject combination I wanted. Their basketball would be loads more fun than at NJC or ACJC, since their players are more down to earth and most probably grow up from a neighbourhood environment.
Which should I go to? Be an underdog at NJC and ACJC? Or hopefully an above average student in JJC?
Stuck.
scribbled this at 5:04 pm by kS