theMUGGER
It's just me.














myHITS

myARCHIVE

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Went NJC for their Open Day today. It's quite a day actually.

Met with Tuck Wen, Kuan Hui and gang outside NJ at bus stop in the morning. I was late by 3mins, but considering I took 45mins to get to NJ with smooth traffic, how am I going to get there next time should I get in?

Went in with the whole bunch of people from our class, together with Sean the canoeing muscle guy. The group consists of me, Tuck Wen, Kuan Hui, Mei Qi, Nicole, Tse Ruey, Jasmine Ang, Annie, Thomas and Haikal. First stop is the hockey booth, where Tuck Wen and Haikal shows interest in the CCA. I found the basketball booth quite empty, both of people and of achievements, so I decided to tour around abit first before approaching the booth. Went up to the rooms, guided by Sean the canoeing muscle guy cum tour guide. Looked at the science labs, the large lecture auditorium, hall, canteen, rock wall, etc, etc. Saw quite a few people from CSS eventually, including you.

After a time of looking about, I went off looking about their sports booths while Tuck Wen and guys paid a visit to the loo. Got pulled to the Canoeing booth by Sean, met the people who hang around with Sean actually, most of whom are smaller than Sean himself, but the size of the muscles remains a constant feature of the members. Then, headed of to see their basketball team in training. Sad to say, it's quite disappointing to see the team train. It's quite slack and their average accuracy looks quite pathetic even as compared to my neighbourhood's teams. Nevertheless, I registered myself at the booth with one of the members hoping to get a trials.

Went off after a while, to have lunch with the same group of people. Decided to go to some plaza 2 or 3 bus stops down the road, as Sean the canoeist muscle guy cum tour guide cum directions giver provided. We missed the plaza and eventually went to a hawker to have our lunch, I went off to play basketball afterwards, seperating from the whole gang which split into the going home group and the going to SAJC Open house group.

Played basketball with Ivan, Monkey, Zhen Hao, Song Hui and Benedict. I lost quite abit of my form, but it's luckily compensated by my abnormal arm length. Went for dinner and then headed home.

Thought about what Sean said, and then thought of actually joining Canoeing at NJ, oh what am I thinking? I asked him about life in NJ Canoeing, and this is what he said. Word for word from the sms.

"Oh, it's like athlectics in CSS when I was still around. Discipline structured lifestyle. This CCA also very united, we eat and do everything together like good friends like that, cause there's so much trainging and we always got to see one another. People in school actually fear ud for our unity. One thing is that it's hectic, but it's only for less than 2 years, JC life is like that de, is either you spend time with teammates training or you join a slack CCA and can go out with friends, still equally busy."

When asked about training.

"Oh, normal school days is about 4 times water training after school a week. Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Then morning may have training also, mainly ball games and strenthening exercise. But 1st 3 months and after exams will be more frequent cause need to build muscles and stamina and balance of boat but don't worry, managable. Intensity not as siong as athlectics in CSS. Each training about 2 hours on average. Saturday can up to 3 hours including debrief. Hee. If you interested after exams can come for trials then you can see for yourself, if don't suit you can join join other CCAs by all means. Yeah, you have me to guide you, don't worry."

Well, it's quite an inner look into the lifestyle.

-----------------------------------------

Yesterday is the official last school day for our cohort.

Lots of memories, happy and sad. I'll miss alot of people, and most of all, I'll miss my class. Each and every one in our class played the important role in bringing class spirit. 4/3'05 will surely last forever.

I'll post the photos up soon, since I haven't got them.

Will blog more about this day some other time.

-----------------------------------------

"The more I think, the more I yearn. The wait now seemed so much longer than the months I went through before. Please, believe. Remember you've told me that you want to do well? You will, I believe in you."

scribbled this at 10:15 pm by kS