Thursday, October 13, 2005
Well. Stress sets in alot earlier, and it was relieved momentarily, and back again, and gone again, and back. I ended at the word back, since it would never been gone, never.
It's been quite a 2-week period. I had been stretched to the limits almost by the academic workload exerted by the school, falling to illness once, getting a A Maths retest which is fairly easy, getting a new relief teacher for English and Literature just barely 13days before the start of our O Levels.
My bag became an archive equivalent to Hei Wai's in the past 2 weeks. The various teachers stashed piles upon piles of past year prelim papers, June papers and prelim papers from other schools this year. I should say that I haven't been doing them in a timely fashion, mostly due to the fact that I got myself caught up in stupid situations I shouldn't have been in.
The A Maths retest is super easy as compared to the one we had for prelims, wondered why Clementi Town had such an easy paper as compared to our school's. Well, pray we get something easier for the actual Os though. As for now, I'm praying for a distinction in the retest, which would lift my marks to a grand total of 13 for my L1R5 for prelims, which would definitely spur me on my quest to seek ever-new heights.
Our class, and 4/5, got a replacement for Kelly Lim yesterday. She goes by the name of Ms Latimer. She's the real deal. The way she works is truly above our standard of any teacher available. There's nothing we ask of her now, but only that she could pull up our grades even further than Ms Lim. Ms Lim, kS wishes you a speedy recovery.
Apart from the above events, nothing much really happened in school, and outside of it. I'm just getting really anxious over the arriving Os, and the life after it. The chalets, the prom nite, the first 3 months in 'X'JC, and many more.
Sometimes I just wonder if everything in this world is constant, and that the flow of life continues even after the extinction of mankind, would our lifestyle be reflected upon the face of the earth by ironically similar methods we extract dinosaur remains by a stronger race? Would this process continues for the billions of years before the Sun dies out? Would it?
--------------------------------
A food for thought, if you all got a second, read the following passage, and give it a quick minute's ponder.
Some people are stubborn enough to want others to be in their ideal image. Growing up is a sarcastic chain of events leading to various hardships experienced by teenagers carried forward in life even until adulthood. We perceive others as a rock in a mental mirror, exactly what we want them to be, and nothing less. Some eventually accepts others for who they are, yet in their minds still holds the perfect picture.
It is foolish to buy a shirt which you hate for its colours, and go home to dye it to the colour you want, especially you can get the colour you wanted immediately from one shop or another. People look for their favourite size, design and colours, but when one of them is unfulfilled, they alter it so that it would be their ideal shirt.
Do not view others as the shirt, nor the buyer. Neither should you view yourself either. We are more than petty customers buying shirts and definitely more than 100% cotton clothing.
--------------------------------
"I don't speak, doesn't mean I don't care. Nothing is supposed to be re-created, but everything is supposed to be moulded."
scribbled this at 10:25 pm by kS