theMUGGER
It's just me.














myHITS

myARCHIVE

Monday, October 03, 2005

Prom Nite's details out.

Judging from the way they put it, it's going to be one eventful nite. Well, it's pretty far, at Dhoby Ghaut, but it's Singapore? How far can a place in Singapore get from another location within the mainland? Not that far.

Well, it just so happens that this prom nite coincides with one of my chalet "homeaway" . Unluckily, it falls on the last night of the chalet too, so we would have to return to the chalet at PASIR RIS for the night since we have to check out the next morning. Well, let's just hope the class chalet is on 28th onwards, so I won't have to move my stuff much, just from one unit to another.

Fortunately for me, the only prom nite in secondary sch will be a free trip! Thanks to the school for the improvement reward or something. I improved 13points from Mid-year to 15points, the bare minimal L1R5 in order to get the improvement reward. Wasn't expecting it actually. To all who got the free tickets to prom nite (those who got <10points, improved >10points scoring <15points), a job well done! To all taking O levels, good luck for your papers coming up in a month's time, and I sincerely hope 75% of you out there would let me score higher than you in each and every subject! Although the probability of that happening could be a negative value.

I'm going to strive hard for my A Maths now, and my English. These are the subjects I can't afford to lose my distinctions in. In another sense, Mrs Teo would announce it tomorrow, that there would be a surprise in store for those who did >11points for prelims and wanted to get into a JC badly through PAE. I won't mention it here first, since it's going to be annouced anyway, let her have the privilege to let each and every one of us know, it's our last year seeing her as our principal anyway.

My mum called back from China, and my results were known to her already. She criticised me for spending long hours in front of the computer rather than studying, which had landed me in the current situation where there aren't any good JCs out there which would be willing to take in a 15pointer for the first 2 months. But she was shocked to hear that I got 2A1s and 1A2, since I hadn't scored an A1 since secondary 2, when I got one for science. Like it or not, I had improved, so she minimised her displeasure over my long hours using the computer.

What really made my day is the conversation I had with my dad. Frankly, I'm not that close to him, since he had rarely appeared by my side in the past 2 years. I don't really missed him, yet I know the reason why he had went abroad: To support the family financially. He sounded happy with my results (he remembered my older brothers prelims well, OLDEST-26points, SECOND-19points). I'm still the achiever, in a sense, for my family. He promised me a new phone next year, meaning that I don't have to replace it myself, and a $300 budget for my orientation expenditure in JC, so in a sense, new shoes, bag, basketball, badminton racket, DVDwriter, and hopefully with some money of my own, a personal digital camera. Materialism.

-----------------------------

The theory that physical matter is the only reality and that everything, including thought, feeling, mind, and will, can be explained in terms of matter and physical phenomena.

The theory or attitude that physical well-being and worldly possessions constitute the greatest good and highest value in life.

A great or excessive regard for worldly concerns.

Well, I can live without those, but let's face it. Take the computer away from me for a week and I'll be tattered and torn.

-----------------------------

One of my new wishes, to get to the last and remaining Seven Wonders of the World. Since the other Six had disappeared from humanity and geography.

scribbled this at 7:27 pm by kS