Friday, October 07, 2005
Sometimes somethings just can't be helped. Yet there are those which could be, and yet I'm powerless to do anything about them.
Life is having an exponential gradient of monotony these few days. With the Os approaching closer than ever, I'm stressed out as much as you guys are, and probably more.
Foolscape.
Black pen.
Prelim Papers.
Re-Examination.
Practical.
Calculator.
More Exam Papers.
I start to wonder over my past nowadays, is it common during a stressful exam period? I looked back to where I was in Sec2, living an almost stress-free lifestyle, like those the sec2s now are experiencing even though their exams are starting soon.
I looked back to sec3, when I felt no connection with my class whatsoever, when I slacked through the first semester and gotten rock bottom results throughout the year, when I had a sports camp during which I tracked the longest distance in my life, and a memorable level camp no amount of words could describe.
I looked back to the start of this year, when I decided to be a hardworking fellow in the class of recognised unity fostered over a year of turmoil. We reaped what we sowed, and a year of hardness had reaped a character in me. I looked back to the times, the happy and sad times we spent together, and alone seperated, longing for the time to turn around. I also unfolded my passion for maths and physics eventually during this eventful year, while plant roots with some classmates which I barely talked to during sec3.
Now, 10months into the year, and the last day we could really spend our time, as a class in our own classroom, I really yearned for time to be reversed more than ever. I'm not special in any sense, but I wanted more time with you guys who made my secondary school life worthwhile. For some of us, inevitably, we'll be seperated and contact lost forever until (I'll prefer to use coincidence)fate brings friends back together again. The rest would be forever friends, some seperated some still together for maybe another two years. I'll miss you guys, and will miss you all more as time progresses to the end of the year.
Time flies too fast. It seemed just like yesterday when I first listened to Queen of my Heart on the school hall speakers, seeing peer leaders such as Kelvin, Alvin and Wilson Lek enjoying themselves as much as we are. Now, it's that time again when we sing that song as a cohort, again, one last time on prom nite. 4ev3a, it'll remain.
-------------------------------------
Batch song 2002
"Queen Of My Heart"
Westlife
So here we stand
In our secret place
With a sound of the crowd
So far away
And you take my hand
And it feels like home
We both understand
It's where we belong
So how do I say?
Do I say goodbye?
We both have our dreams
We both wanna fly
So let's take tonight
To carry us through
The lonely times
[CHORUS:]
I'll always look back
As I walk away
This memory
Will last for eternity
And all of our tears
Will be lost in the rain
When I've found my way
Back to your arms again
But until that day
You know you are
The queen of my heart
[Chorus]
Queen of my heart
So let's take tonight
And never let go
While dancing we'll kiss
Like there's no tomorrow
As the stars sparkle down
Like a diamond ring
I'll treasure this moment
Till we meet again
But no matter how far
(Matter how far)
Or where you may be
(Where you may be)
I just close my eyes
(I just close my eyes)
And you're in my dreams
And there you will be
Until we meet
[Repeat chorus 2x]
Oh yeah
You're the
Queen of my heart
(Of my heart)
No matter
How many years it takes
(Queen of my heart)
I'll give it all to you
Oh yeah
(Queen of my heart)
Oh yes you are
The queen of my heart
-------------------------------------
One final outing as a class this year. A sports class outing.
-------------------------------------
"You know you are the Queen of my Heart"
scribbled this at 2:54 pm by kS