Monday, July 04, 2005
Watched War of the Worlds at Jurong Point with Hei Wai, Thomas and Hafizah today, though today may not exactly be, well, today, but I wrote this entry down "today". Anyway, I'll just blog it at the time and date I wrote this entry into my journals. Anyway, the show was not bad at all, but it is as corny as the book. The ending is surely one which brings back the "Happily Ever After" theme, unlike few good movies which left you in the dark. Well, it's based on a book written by a late author H.G. Wells, so we can't expect anything more, can't we?
War of the Worlds
Rating : 8.75/10
Must Watch.
To me, this is how I could put it. The suspense built up collasped immediately like a game of well-played UNO-stacko, nice effects of almost anything, and well-built light-hearted scenes to sooth horror, and also brings back normality to the movie. This movie doesn't fall into genres, it's a mix of every genre except comedy, romance and obviously none from the GENERAL-RATED movies. Overall, it's a must watch. The suspense left me going "No! No! Don't do it!", "Oh No! They're going to die!" and also "Move! It's going to see you!". Well, the thing is you hold your breathe everything you start thinking "Oh No! They're going to die!", and when they didn't, you let go of the breathe you were holding on to, and this may repeat few times throughout the whole movie.
One of Steven Speilberg's best creation yet. The effects are so very realistic. It left me wondering, if the scenes were not generated by computers and graphic processors, Hollywood would have to go bankrupt funding this production.
"I truly missed you."
scribbled this at 10:20 pm by kS