Monday, June 27, 2005
The movie is not that bad after all. So here is my ratings of it, and reasons for it.
Initial D
8.5/10
The show is overall a thriller cum storylined-romance type of show. The romance in the show is widely expected, thus it comes to me with not much of a surprise or twist. The boost comes from the multiple racing incidents which is held at the only racing venue. With the graphics, it boost the tenseness from each race, though it is sometimes overused in certain parts of the movie such as when the engine of EA86 failed.
It had been quite a while since I could actually look forward to what happens next, or who would win the races, etc. My hands are actually sweating when I eagering await the end of the race, desperate to find out who is the winner.
The romance evoked in the movie between Takumi and Natsuki proves to be promising at the beginning, while it ended sadly in the end, a tear-jerking emotion could be felt in the theatre itself due to "Yi Lu Xiang Bei", a touching song which I had posted about earlier. For details, read my previous posts.
The friendship and comedy in the movie could move the audience from jaw-widening shock to tearing-laughter. A substance lacking in movies which I rated below 8.0/10 and above.
The 1.5/10 deducted is due to the overuse of graphical qualities in certain areas of the show, and the fact that I do not get how a car would get onto the roads where they are racing, even though they said the roads are sealed. Another is the impossiblity of 100% no spillage of water in the EA86. Jay Chou's action is not that bad actually, but he tends to look cool at times which makes him awkward, thus leading to deduction too. The final deduction of points is from the appearance of Natsuki, where I believe the producers could get a better looking female to replace her instead. With her in the movie, it makes it look as though Jay Chou has bad taste in choosing his partner.
Two tears shed at the last part. For whatever reason, I don't know.That's about all.
On a more severe note, my brother had implemented a ban for me on the computer. It starts on 4th July until my O levels are over. I could only use the internet on the weekends though. To view my displeasure, please view my previous blog posts. So expect to see less posts, maybe one or two a week.
Catching another movie soon, and that is War of the Worlds. Catching it the soon.
Meanwhile, happy be yourself day for all Commonwealthians, and happy get-back-to-school day for all students.
"I should have watched this movie with you. Stupid me for not asking you earlier."
scribbled this at 9:29 pm by kS