theMUGGER
It's just me.














myHITS

myARCHIVE

Friday, June 17, 2005

Today is, well, almost like any other day. I went to watch Premonition with Yi Qi, Lai Ka, Magdalene and Wendy. Well, don't think of me flirting, I'm not like that, I sat at the edge as they are somewhat allergic to the corner seat of Ghost movies which I wonder why. Nevermind, I actually think that this movie is way too corny to be one of my favourites, but actually in it I found interesting details which is quite somewhat true, yet unbelievable.

I do not believe in fate, thus the part when the psychic told the man that he can change his own fate, I already know that. Yet another point involved in the movie is the "principle of equivalent trade", phrase taken from Full Metal Alchemist. If you wish to change something, you must be prepared to sacrifice another. For example, he tried to save his daughter the first time round, yet his wife died. He saved his wife from dying in the train accident, yet put his wife's colleague into much more suffering with her face torn apart and so on and so forth. In the end when he managed to save his daughter, it is because he sacrificed himself for it, an equal trade.

The movie, on the whole, deserved a 6/10 rating, much on it credited to the suspense and chill factor. If you are one who would laugh during such movies, such as I, this is one movie not suitable for you, thus try Ghost Train, it may bring you to laugh out loud as though it's a comedy. I'm not sure whether it would, I haven't watched it, yet.

I'm not sure whether you are expecting anything to happen in the theatre, but I wasn't. I'll be there when you need me, I'll be there when you want me. Yet, it's not the time to get back yet. If you had doubts about me, keep them. I had decided that it is not the time to return to the past, not just yet. You would know that we had much to share with each other, much to talk about, I think that now is still not that time. I'll wait for sure. I'll wait till the dust clears and ahead lies a path without obstacles. For then it would be the right time. For now, I'm happy that we've cleared an obstacle of communication already, one obstacle at a time.

scribbled this at 5:19 pm by kS