Thursday, May 12, 2005
Exams are finishing. But it's just another beginning for a longer journey ahead.
Thoughts for each subject:
EL :
Actually I think I can score in this paper, did not find it as difficult, though I really missed out a lot on the understanding of the passage, but from inference I can get at least 85% of the points for the questions and summary though. Composition and functional is quite smooth sailing.
MT :
First time I think I can get a A2, put in quite a bit of effort into the comprehension, both the structured questions and the passage. However, I lost out on the vocabulary part, as I did only get 3 out of the ten right. Composition is a scorer, with me spending an hour and a half scribbling the different points down and more. However, my content for functional will lose out as there's no time to finish it, but I got the format rite, so I'll pass this one.
AM :
Paper 1 is a breeze for me, while paper 2 brings much more difficulty. I'm more of a concept guy, and paper 1's on concept rather then calculation, though most people find paper 2 a lot easier. From this paper, I have to buck up on my basics, and the textbook and formulas are not enough for that.
PHY :
Paper 2 is quite smooth, but I'm going to fail paper 1 though, can't think for the whole one hour. I relied too much on the formulas and the memorised material that I reduce my concept knowledge to 0. My understanding for a formula is not enough to cover the usage of it, that's why I won't be able to score.
GEOG :
It is the most easiest paper of them all. No problem at all, or at least so I think. Yup. Paper 1 is like a breeze, though the cold is killing me. Frostbite. Kidding.
Paper 2 is easy too, Mdm Ros tried to scare us. New questions, but totally concept based. Not much understandind though. I was disadvantaged when I could not take the agriculture question for the Human Geography Section as I had forgotten much of the outcome and factors for plantation agriculture, but luckily I backed-up myself with settlement and population studies, turining to the migration question and urbanisation factors and solutions. Chill.
SS + Lit :
Social studies is better than I expected, but I'm not too sure whether I'll be marked down by my structure of the essays. I'm pretty sure my points are right, but the fact that I lacked the work experience in this subject ( due to the fact that none of my social studies assignments had been handed in ssince March Holidays). So that's another area I'll have to work on.
Literature's KOTC is quite okay though, but I will surely lose out on the Unseen poetry/prose section. I can't understand the poetry so I did the prose. And the fact that I had 15minutes left to do part B of the Unseen prose. Guess I'll have to be more linguistic to get the meaning. Is the terms I used right??
scribbled this at 8:00 am by kS