Monday, February 28, 2005
I met you today at Popular, Jurong Point. You seemed to be alone, and yet, I've failed as a guy who love you. I couldn't bring myself to speak to you.
In the Stationery section, I knew it was you, immediately. I was stunned, too shocked to talk, but I pretended not to notice you, and you slipped by my side, walking off.
I quickly grabbed the permanent marker I wanted, and at that moment I saw you walked off, towards the exit.
I told myself, this is the Moment. My time to speak to you had finally arrived. I forgotten all about my change, 9 dollars of it. However, when I turned around to find you after receiving it from the cashier, you're not there anymore.
Where did you go??
I know it's my time to speak up, I could feel it. Yet I missed the chance, I let my life slipped passed me. I searched the third storey and scanned the lower levels, yet you were nowhere to be found.
Where did you go??
I need to speak up, I need my key.
I went home soon after, with my mind still wondering where you are.
Why did I let the moment of truth slip pass me just because of a 9 dollars change and a permanent black marker pen??
Why didn't I call out to you, to ask you to wait for me??
Is this life??
A moment to for you to seize it, and if you failed, it seemed like eternity before that special moment returns again?
A trickery played on me to sink me deeper into the stress I'm feeling now??
If this is life, then I would have chosen death.
scribbled this at 8:12 am by kS